Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Dangling Prussian Pub Night FAQ

 Got questions about the first great potential Zoom debacle of the year? We have answers!

---------------------------

Question: When is it and how do I sign up?

Answer: My, aren't you the eager one! Not even going to read the rest of this, I bet. Well, it's January 14th from 6:00 PM Eastern Standard U.S. Time until Midnight of that same time zone. Here is the advance registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMsd-mspzosGNWrY5QEPzpJIR0YFCGCQMfL 

Question: So, I didn't sign up yet. Why should I?

Answer: This is the first time that the Dangling Prussian, a hypothetical pub from the Sherlockian Canon, has opened its doors in this century. And like all first times, it could be a wonderful new discovery or the sort of amazing crash-and-burn that you'll enjoy your less adventurous friends about. It's also the first time the Montague Street Incorrigibles has inducted new members in decades. And there will definitely be some things no Sherlockian has seen before. No, it's not [CENSORED REFERENCE TO SHERLOCKIAN OF NOTE], we've all seen that.

Question: But I really, really don't want to come. Can I just watch a video later?

Answer: No. It's not being recorded and any trials resulting will have to depend upon sketches and eyewitness statements. We're really hoping wanted Canonical criminals will attend. We're giving some of them medals!

Question: Do you actually expect to entertain Sherlockians for a full six hours?

Answer: Heck no! Happy hour runs from 6 to 8 PM EST, a time for gathering, chat, and smatters of trivia, maybe some puzzles to occupy yourself with if you're not feeling chatty. Then at 8:00, something similar to a program, segueing into some pub-ish entertainments, and eventually an actual Zoom open myke. Then back to late night chat, gossip, and the hopes of a report from some friend or two in a certain big city.

Question: I signed up back after the first question. Can I un-sign up now?

Answer:  Sure. But have you heard the acronym "FOMO?" It's not "Fans Of Mycroft's Occipital," or "Funky Old Mister Oldacre," or even "Feed Our Mastiff Opium." I mean, what are you even thinking, suggesting such things! Perhaps we've decided we don't want you to sign up!

Question: Now I'm signing back up just to spite you! What do you say to that, Mister Incorrigible?

Answer: Mercy! You have beaten me with your cleverness and sudden riposte! And "Mister Incorrigible" was my father, you can call me by the university that I graduated from to become a professional FAQ writer.

Question: FAQ U?

Answer: The same to you, sir! Good day! I said, "Good day!"

---------------------------

Well that certainly could have gone better. Stop by the Dangling Prussian on the eve of January 14th and hope for better, and much more Sherlockian, if not more-dignified, ways to spend an evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment